Senior Sunrise Jumpstarts the Year

Senior sunrise always marks the beginning of the school year for incoming high school seniors. For years this tradition has been carried on by seniors at Eaglecrest for years. This sentimental event serves as everlasting memento for many seniors and will hopefully carry on for younger generations.

Seniors gathered on top of the hill at Lookout Park to ensure they get the best view for this symbolic occasion. They all gathered before they embark on the beginning of their last chapter her at Eaglecrest.

Jasleen Villaseñor noted “ I saw senior sunrise as one of those last things you do in high school that you’re never gonna do again in life.”  

It also serves as the realization that adulthood is about to begin. As senior year is beginning, students are faced with the task of deciding what they are going to do after high school. This is the time for seniors to utilize what they have learned over the years and apply it to the real world.

“I think senior sunrise signifies our last beginning as kids.” Marissa Smith voiced.

For some, the past four years have flown by although it may have seem like it would take forever. It went by in a blink of an eye.

“Senior sunrise, to me, meant that my final year of high school was really beginning.” Katya Karabushin.

Bagels and French toast were provided by student council.

“The French toast was by far my favorite food to eat there” Kalkidan Agonafer said.

As everyone gathered in their pajamas and blankets with their friends they realized the importance of senior sunrise.

The tradition for senior sunrise is that the class president and vice president take the sunrise selfie. Class President Alexis Cook and Vice President Bethanie Craft were given the honors for this year senior sunrise selfie. These pictures will be displayed at the senior exit assembly. This is a way for seniors to see how much they’ve grown and changed.

The importance that  senior sunrise serves to seniors are very similar to one another,

“[Senior Sunrise] was important to go to just to have that memory that we all came together to look at something beautiful you know? It was a good experience though and it was pretty fun and I got my pictures.” Jasleen Villaseñor commented

Senior Sunrise marks as one of the last hoorahs with each other, everyone will be going their own way soon, “ It’s cool because our class gets to share the beginning of senior year together before we start adulthood” Marissa Smith

It is the beginning of a new era for the class of 2019. It’s commemorate how far we’ve come and close we are to being done. The memories will last forever.

“I thought it was really fun to see that class of 2019 all up early to watch the sun rise.” Katya Karabushin

There will be a senior sunset at the end of the school year in May. It usually takes place on the last week of school for seniors.Many seniors are excited to attend.