The Return of My Chemical Romance

Owen Shriver, Reporter

Six years. Six years of flinching after every time I heard the infamous G note, the first of our emo anthem, “Welcome to the Black Parade”. 

That’s right former emos of Eaglecrest high school, My Chemical Romance is back. After years of conspiring and hunting for any sort of sign the band that defined an era for you would soon return, the band has risen from the dead after six long years of hoping.

The band split up in 2013, leaving many heartbroken and searching for any sign that the band would carry on.

With shaky hands and a soaring heart, I can tell you that this Halloween the band announced a reunion show in California for December 20, 2019. 

Halloween day, the band updated their profile picture on all social media accounts.

No doubt this caused many to roll their eyes in the back of their heads, as we’ve been pranked with the come back of MCR many times before. Fans had given up hope.

But alas, a notification that My Chemical Romance’s front-man, Gerard Way, had posted to his instagram popped up on my phone.

The rumors were true. A picture of stone angels with a caption that read “California 2019” lit up my phone screen. 

With a twitter feed consisting of only fans losing their mind over the undead band, Welcome to the Black Parade, once a teary eyed anthem we would scream at the top of our lungs, becomes an anthem of hope. So fellow Killjoys, scream those lyrics that made you want to black your eyes and scream till your lungs give out because the band you dreamed of seeing live in concert in has returned.