2019 Upperclassmen Prom Theme Reveal

Jaden Brumage, Reporter

On Monday, April 1st, students filed into school and were surprised to see the prom theme reveal put together by Student Council’s Junior class of 2020. Much like the hearts posted on the windows for Valentine’s Day, the display featured a giant tree with the names of all upperclassmen written on leaves, with the slogan “Prom is almost here…Will you come to the enchanted forest with us?”

After months of planning and preparation, the StuCo Juniors were able to reveal the prom theme to the student body. “For the theme, we came up with the idea by deciding on the kind of feeling that we wanted prom to give. We wanted it to have an elegant and mature feeling and we didn’t want it to be like homecoming,” states Alexia Jackson, a Junior Student Leadership representative. She continues, “we looked online for other ideas and I think we found the enchanted forest idea from multiple people in StuCo that had gone to a wedding and liked the forest [vibes] and lights.”

Jackson and a few Student Leadership members came in the prior Saturday to set up the decor, including David Akpokiere, Jaden Brumage, Dulce Garcia, Leila Morris, and Rian Nelson. “For the reveal, we got the idea from the hearts because we liked the personal touch of putting your name on something. Putting the whole thing together was StuCo’s creativity.”

Jackson adds, “From what I’ve heard, the general feedback has been positive. [Students] think that the theme is nice and elegant, and many thought the reveal was personal. They liked how we did something big this year.”

Prom is May 18th at the Falls Event Center from eight o’clock to eleven o’clock, followed by after-prom at Boondocks. From April 1-28, tickets with the activities fee are $45 and $55 without. Ticket prices increase by $5 On May 6th, May 13th, and April 29th. Tickets at the door are $75.

Jaden Brumage
Juniors from StuCo’s class of 2020 pose with the prom theme reveal. From left to right, Alexia Jackson, Jaden Brumage, David Akpokiere, Leila Morris, Dulce Garcia, and Rian Nelson.