Negash Plans for Post High-school Life

Amber Carey, Editor

Rediate Negash has been daydreaming of attending school in London ever since middle school. She applied to a total of eight ‘Universities of London.’ She has been accepted to the University of London since the end of october, but has yet to decide which one she will attend out of the two she has narrowed it down to.
The college process is always stressful, but especially when having to apply as an international student. The system works through an application similar to the common application.
“You can apply to as many schools as you want and you only have one fee,” said Negash excitely.
Negash, by applying so far away from home, now has even more things to consider for her transition into adulthood than the average teenager her age. She must apply for a visa, change her concept of currency, and adapt to a different lifestyle. She also must learn how to deal with the separation between the people she has known growing up.
As excited as she is to make this overseas journey, it is accompanied by a nervousness as expected.
“I’m nervous that I’m going to be six weeks in and miss my family,” said Negash.
Her family and friends will all be thousands of miles away, and she will be forced to take on an independence like no other. One comforting fact is that they are always just a call away.
At the university she is planning to study communications and marketing.
“While I’m at the school I want to be either interning for a company that does marketing or Public Relations,” she said.