Homecoming Week Rundown

Homecoming Week Rundown

Tyler Hardin, Reporter

The theme: Road Trip. The date: Oct. 2nd-7th. This is our annual Homecoming week at a glance, but while many are focused on the dance, let’s look at a rundown of the week.

Even though Homecoming week is next week, the preparation and decorating always starts well before that. Hallway decorating begins September 30th from 10:00am-1:15pm. Hallway decorating is when student council and students begin to fill the halls with interactive decorations fitting the yearly theme and compete amongst all graduating classes to create the best decoration. The main level halls are those that get decorated. Only time can tell what they will create!

After Student Council decorates the halls, we get trivia night. Trivia night is a night where students gather in the cafeteria to compete with knowledge and win prizes. Trivia night is on Monday, October 2nd and starts off Homecoming week’s after school activities. The dress theme for this day is Comfy Car. This is when you can wear comfortable clothes, as if you were going on a road trip, like pajamas and sweatpants/ sweatshirts. As for sports, Girl’s softball hosts their homecoming game against Smoky Hill High school at 4:15pm.

Tuesday, October 3rd is the only night with no after school activities. Instead, Girl’s Volleyball takes on  Grandview High school at 6:45pm. The dress theme for Tuesday is Sun or Snow. Raptors can choose to wear attire fitting for a sunny summer day, such as shorts and a short sleeve shirt, or for a cold snowy day, wearing a big jacket with pants and boots.

October 4th is the great karaoke show, Best of the Nest. This show pits students and teachers against each other in a singing competition to amaze. If you chose only one event this homecoming week, Best of the Nest will surely not disappoint. Also on October 4th, your familiar members of EHS sports and clubs will be on the EHS Spirit Bus. This is traditional part of giving back during Homecoming week as students travel to different elementary schools in our community to get them excited about what to expect in the future at our school. There are no sporting events that day but the dress theme for the 4th is Colorado Day. On Colorado Day, student are encouraged to wear any item of clothing that represents our lovely state!

The dress theme for the following day, Thursday the 5th, is Road Trip the USA. Dress like your favorite stereotypical tourist with pride! Also on this day, you can expect one of the biggest events of Homecoming Week, the Homecoming Parade. The parade is on the Thursday the 5th and will have floats from the various clubs and activities in the school. This starts at 4:30 but the celebration continues with Nest Fest. Nest Fest is a celebration with food, performances and fun. 

On our final day of Homecoming Spirit Week there will be a pep assembly to celebrate this exciting time of the year. The dress theme this day will be Raptor Pride Day. This is the day to demonstrate all of your Raptor Pride outwardly and inwardly. That night we have our Homecoming Football game against the Rocky Mountain Lobos at 7pm at Legacy Stadium. 

Finally, the Homecoming Dance will start at 8:00pm and end at 11:00pm. Music, food and drinks will all be provided at the dance for your enjoyment. Have fun Raptors!