An All American Summer

Rachel Perez, Reporter

In a summer filled with athletic achievement in sports ranging from cheer to basketball, the Eaglecrest baseball team sure gave us all a reason to root, root, root  for the home team.

Making appearances in Grand Junction, Colorado Springs, and, the home of the raptors, Eaglecrest High School, they participated in a total of six tournaments over the summer, bringing home a 2nd place title. 

While the baseball season doesn’t start until the spring of 2020, they used the summer games as a means to practice, travel, and spend time as a team. With less pressure to perform at their best, they got the chance to get down to the core of what baseball here at Eaglecrest is all about: comradery.

“Summer baseball is about creating a bond and a friendship. It’s about getting better and sharpening your tools,” says Wyatt Yarmer, a member of the varsity baseball team here at Eaglecrest.

When asked about the environment and teamwork that the baseball team has built this summer, he was confident in saying, “ We definitely have a good vibe here at Eaglecrest. We come ready to play and we work hard and I think it shows on the field.”

The baseball team certainly hopes to showcase their skills on the field this upcoming season. Led by Coach Tory Humphrey.

“The baseball team is as strong as it’s ever been”, according to Trent Monahan, another varsity player here at Eaglecrest.

While the achievements yet to come in the upcoming season are still unknown, I think that it’s safe to say we can expect a whole hearted effort from our very own raptor baseball team.

So grab your peanuts and cracker jacks and send your support to the Eaglecrest baseball team this 2019-2020 season.