The student news site of Eaglecrest High School

EHS Nest Network

EHS Nest Network

EHS Nest Network

RBC Marvel Infinity Saga Movie Bracket

Marvel’s Infinity Saga is one of the most popular movie franchise we know. But out of 22 iconic movies, which is Eaglecrest’s favorite?

Throughout the 2010s, many of us watched the Marvel Infinity Saga movies, maybe some more than others. All the watching culminated in 2019 with the release of Avengers: Endgame, a movie 11 years in the making. But which of the 22 movies is the favorite of Eaglecrest? We found out.

Round 1, Day 1 Recap: 

After the first set of matchups we had two blowouts and one that wasn’t necessarily close, but also not a blowout. So here is the first recap of round one.

Guardians of the Galaxy beat Doctor Strange by a score of 31-9. Both movies are pretty good actually, but only one got to move on and that happened to be Guardians of the Galaxy. To be fair, Doctor Strange’s first tests were a bunch of spinning circles. But regardless of that, Guardians of the Galaxy won and is moving on.

Black Panther beat Thor: Dark World in the biggest blowout of the day, with a final score of 37-3. The sequel wasn’t really that great of a film but how do you only manage 3 votes?! Black Panther is a great movie and definitely will take a top-five spot in the Infinity Saga, but as for Dark World, three votes is rather embarrassing.

In the final matchup of the day, Ant-Man beat Incredible Hulk by a score of 27-14. In the rematch of that old Coke Superbowl commercial, Ant-Man won but it seemed like a rather tough choice. Both movies were somewhat “mid” considering the other movies in this bracket. While Hulk’s movie technically isn’t even a movie that was in the Infinity Saga,  it was one movie that was needed and it made sense to include it. But, either way, Ant-Man won and hopefully will “Shrink” the rest of the competition’s number of votes received.

Round 1, Day 2 Recap:

In the final matchups of Round One, we had some blowouts and an actually surprisingly close game. Here’s the recap.

In the first matchup of the day, Iron Man 2 beat Thor by a score of 16-12. It was a rather close matchup between two great movies, Iron Man 2 just happened to have 4 more fans than Thor did. Not much else to be said, fair and close match with a good film coming out on top.

Thor: Ragnarok managed to blow out Captain Marvel by a score of 25-4. Based on her role in Avengers Endgame, many would’ve thought Captain Marvel could come back (considering she appeared in the second half of the final fight). But she could not. To be fair though, Thor Ragnarok is one of the best movies in the whole Infinity Saga and it should be considered a top contender to win the whole contest.

In the final matchup of round one, Iron Man 3 beat Ant-Man and the Wasp, in what was honestly, a well-deserved win. Ant-Man and the Wasp wasn’t really a great movie overall and it doesn’t help that the movie was a sort of filler film to set up Ant-Man’s involvement in Endgame. So other than that not much to say. Iron Man 3 moves on.

Round 2, Day 1 Recap:

Voting somewhat slowed down during the start of Round 2, but not to fear, we still have winners here.

In the first matchup of the day, Avengers: Endgame beat Guardians of the Galaxy 11-4. Don’t get me wrong, Guardians of the Galaxy is a masterpiece of a film, but there was no possible way it could manage to beat Avengers: Endgame. That movie is a literal masterpiece, and there is a good reason as to why it is the Number 1 seed.

Spider-Man Homecoming managed to beat Captain America: Winter Soldier with a 10-5 score.  Both movies are very much great, but everyone loves Spider-Man, and if you asked people in a survey something along the lines of ‘Who is Marvel’s Mascot?’ many would say Spider-Man. He’s loved and for just that reason, which is why he moved on.

Black Panther beat Iron Man by a score of 12-3. Now I would absolutely agree with who is moving on, but Iron Man deserved more than 3 votes. It was an awesome movie and it should’ve put up more of a fight, but votes are votes, and Black Panther obtained more than Iron Man did. 

In our final matchup of the day Avengers: Age of Ultron beat Ant-Man by a score of 10-5. Ant-Man’s ‘Long and Turbulent’ road to success comes to an end here. Commonly in the movies, he is overshadowed by everyone else, and I guess that is true in real life as well. Regardless, Avengers: Age of Ultron moves on.

Round 2, Day 2 Recap: 

The final day of round 2 featured some good matchups, even though the scores weren’t as high as they have been, the matchups were still good.

In the first matchup of the day, The Avengers managed to beat Iron Man 3 by a score of 11-4 to move on to the next round. Iron Man 3 is a great movie, but c’mon, we all expected this, because The Avengers is the one that started it all.

In the battle of movies, this matchup canonically takes place around the same time. Thor: Ragnarok beat Captain America: Civil War by a score of 10-5. Both movies are great, but Thor: Ragnarok introduced the funny version of Thor, which many fans love, and that’s one of the reasons Ragnarok moves on.

The closest matchup of the day came when Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 beat Captain America: The First Avenger by a score of 9-6. Vol. 2 is another comedy-based movie combined with a great storyline, so it isn’t much of a shock that it won. The First Avenger is a good film, especially when exploring the origins of the lovable Captain America,  but in this case, comedy reigns supreme.

It made sense that the primetime matchup was the exciting fight of the night. Avengers: Infinity War beat Iron Man 2 by a dramatic score of 15-0. Let’s just be honest, there was no way Iron Man 2 pulled off the upset, but 15-0 is just unfair. Nevertheless Avengers: Infinity War starts its dominant run. Will it be the winner?

Round 3 Recap: 

Round three had some very hard matchups. We settled down and had some typical voting fun. Here are the results:

To essentially no one’s surprise, Avengers: Endgame beat Spider-Man: Homecoming by a score of 14-4. Spider-Man, especially Tom Holland’s version is loved by Marvel fans everywhere, but again, Avengers: Endgame is the peak of Marvel and is a hard opponent to beat.

Black Panther beat Avengers: Age of Ultron, 17-1… Despite its previous success, Ultron is no match for Black Panther, it only put up 1 vote. But at least the final four won’t be entirely Avengers movies as was previously thought by some.

Moving onto the other side of the bracket, Thor: Ragnarok beat The Avengers by a score of 14-4. I said earlier that funny Thor is the reason he has won, and that remains true for another round as Thor: Ragnarok moves on once again.

In our final, and closest matchup of the day, Avengers: Infinity War beat Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 11-7. Both are great movies and are considered by some as the beat of both franchises, but only one could move on to the semifinals. Nonetheless, though, Infinity War wins, and we have a final four.

Round 4 Recap: 

In the semi-final round of the Infinity Saga tournament, we definitely had some big surprises. Not much more can be said without spoiling it so… here are the recaps!

In the first of the two matchups, Black Panther beat Number One-seeded Avengers: Endgame in a 12-5 first-half struggle. Endgame captured the first few votes before Black Panther took over to win. It was for sure a much-earned win considering that Avengers: Endgame is by many considered the magnum opus of the Infinity Saga. Nonetheless, though, a great movie won and it is exciting to see the finals that don’t include an Avengers movie.

In the final matchup, Thor: Ragnarok beat Avengers: Infinity War by the same exact score as the other matchup, 12-5. Thor: Ragnarok is a great movie, but there is a crazy problem, Avengers: Infinity War is also a great movie. In the matchup, it seems like an unstoppable force hit an immovable wall, and in the end, YOU can be the judge as to which was which. Thor: Ragnarok moves on to the finals.

Now we have a finals matchup, Thor: Ragnarok vs. Black Panther. Two great movies that’ve upset the two most popular, to win the whole thing. We’ll be back on Tuesday with the recap of who managed to win it all between the Dark Horse and the Longshot.

Round 5 Recap: 

In the championship round, we had two underdogs. Both were not really expected to make the final round over the Avengers movies. But nevertheless, they are here.

After two matchup days worth of fighting Thor: Ragnarok fought its way to the top defeating Black Panther, and won the whole bracket by a score of 15-3. Thor: Ragnarok is the first comedic movie in the Thor franchise, and it was released during the period when Marvel was on top of the world, so there is not much surprise that it won. 

Now that the bracket is complete we all know the answer to the question: “But out of 22 iconic movies, which is Eaglecrest’s favorite?”