Arts Smarts: EHS Art Students Showcase Art at the Spring Art Show

Students at this school have many talents, ranging from academics to athletics all the way to the arts. In order to showcase the artistic abilities some have, the art department hosts two art shows a year, one of which will be hosted tonight in the library.

“Having art shows allows a young artist and a seasoned artist to share their own unique and personal ideas in a public venue,” Visual Arts Coordinator Lisa Adams said.

All art classes have the opportunity of displaying their art at the art show. Since the second art show is close to the end of the year, it allows them to share the progress they have made.

“Every year, we see an increase in confidence and a ‘give in’ to the process of making art,” Adams said. “For AP students, it is plain and simply surrender because of the pressure to complete the exam.”

Hollie AnnesleyPhoenix Bruner
Junior AP Studio Art student Hollie Annesley is displaying around twelve of her pieces in order to showcase her talent in painting portraiture.

“I paint portraits of my friends because they mean a lot to me. I basically took famous artists and I did my friends’ portraits in the artist’s style,” she said.

Although most of the students will be sharing paintings of plants, each one will show off who they are as an individual and artistically. Junior Marzhane McNeal will be showing off her spunk with her cactus painting.

“I wanted to stand out from the rest of the class, because most of them were just doing basic plants and I wanted something pointy that represents my personality,” she said.Marzhane McNeal

These are just few of the many brilliant stories art students will be showcasing at the art show. If you get a chance, stop by the library to see all of the hard work they put in.

“We are excited to put three and four year art students in the limelight, allowing them to show what they have done during their tenure here in the art room,” Adams said.